Volunteer in Israel
Jewish National Fund offers myriad ways to get your hands dirty and give back to the land and people of Israel. Our volunteer experiences are perfect for family trips, Bar/Bat Mitzvah tours, synagogue and community missions, youth groups, and more.
KKL – “Forester for a Day”
Open Sunday – Thursday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm.
(Last group departs at 1:00 pm.) Friday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
(Last group departs at 10:30 am) Activities last 2–3 hours
Birya (Golan Heights area)
Carmel (Haifa region)
Ben Shemen (near Jerusalem)
- Group activity for up to 15 people available in English, French, German and Spanish!
- Program participants work side-by-side in groups with KKL-JNF foresters to clear underbrush, prune trees, prepare fire breaks, and forest paths.
5-month internship program
Jerusalem Bet Shemesh
- Get international coaching and playing experience
- Work with baseball players and coaches in Israel.
- Opportunity to play in the Premier League, the country’s top league, and go into communities around Israel to help promote and develop the game of baseball by working with Israeli coaches and kids
- Includes 2 games and/or practices each week, and 2 days in assigned communities, as well as various baseball camps and clinics throughout the year
- Work with certified coaches and umpires to learn coaching and sports management skills
- Help, farm, and learn with agriculture on farms
- Farming restoration process
- Learn about Judaism and Zionism
Therapeutic Riding Center
- Train, feed, and learn how to work with horses
- Lead horses during children rides
- Experience a remote part of Israel